Comment on page
Scenario Initiatives: You can now add multiple initiatives within a scenario and easily merge or remove these initiatives as required to assess their potential outcomes.
To enable the initiatives feature, go to Model->Settings and turn on the respective toggle button.
Adding initiatives allows you to evaluate the outcomes for different what-if assumptions either individually or in specific combinations within a given scenario.
Scenario with 2 initiatives
Model Tab - Toolbar: Simple and straightforward UI flow for adding, editing and managing templates as well as for converting a dynamic model to an editable model.
- 1.Create or Import template: Click the Templates menu.
- 2.Apply Template: To apply the created template, click on Apply Template where you can choose from the dropdown, whether to replace the existing node structure with the template or just insert new nodes with the template nodes.
You can also click on the below icons for applying templates.
Replace or Insert with template
- 3.Manage Template: To edit, copy, or remove the applied template from the model, click on this icon.
Convert Dynamic model to Editable model: Convert dynamic nodes to editable nodes by using the menu option - Convert Dynamic to Editable.
Convert to Editable Model
- 1.Configuring a Plan Series: Now you can choose to retain the initial source data while creating a new Plan series.
When creating a new plan series, the user is provided with the option to 'Keep Source Data in Report'. Upon checking this, the new plan series is unaffected and retains its initial source values, even if any changes are made to the underlying source.
For example, let's say you configured Plan Series 2 from Plan Series 1.
On checking this option, any changes made in Plan Series 1 do not impact Plan Series 2 and it retains the underlying data as shown below:
Source Data retained in Plan Series 2
Note: Consider the data and report size while choosing to store the source data in the report as it can affect the loading time for larger reports.
To update the report similar to the source, use Refresh Data option.
If this option is unchecked, Plan Series 2 reflects all the changes you make in Plan Series 1.
Source Data not retained
- 2.Introduced Filter option in Simulate - table view.
Filter in Simulate
- 3.Copy-Paste Feature: Copy and paste single or multiple cells in the table view of Simulate using the keyboard shortcut keys.
- 1.Getting Data into ValQ: ValQ can now automatically detect custom time formats when non-hierarchical time periods are assigned in Time Period field.
Time Period Mapped automatically
- 2.Simulate: Added an option to switch from tree view to table view on a click, when the number of children for a node exceeds 15 to avoid clutter, as shown below.
Switch to Table View
Note: The minimum number of children can be changed from 15 to any other number in the Settings menu, beyond which the table view would be the default view.
Min children to show table view
This feature can be disabled by turning off the toggle button 'Expand Children in Table view' in Settings.
Disable Table View
- 3.Enhanced chart configuration UI in Presentation Mode.
While creating charts, you can now preview the changes in real time before you apply them.